This is what I will be doing this year for Valentine’s day:
But I’m sure while I’m out somewhere getting “Love sucks” tattoo’d on my arm , all the loved up folks out there probably want to be doing something a bit more romantic, right?
Well don’t stress, I have a few really great ideas that might be of interest to you…
There are two Valentine’s specials happening at the beautiful Nitida Wine Estate over in Durbanville:
- Tables at Nitida is hosting a picnic under the stars at their natural amphitheatre, featuring a live performance by pop instrumental trio Sterling EQ:
- The Valentines Menu will consist of a selection of tapas including 2 Mediterranean dips, home-made fruit chutney, feta and olives, oven roast tomatoes, seasonal fruit, fresh garden salad & 2 Freshly baked ciabatta loaves; a cheese platter including a selection of 3 local cheeses with savoury biscuits; a Cold Meat Platter including a selection of 3 local cured meats; Mexican chicken quesadillas and spicy salsa, and caramel swirl ice cream cones (served).
- There is a kids basket too which will consist of hot dogs, crisps, cupcake and fruit juice.
- Tickets cost R600 per couple / R300 per person, which include the concert, picnic basket and wine, and are available at Computicket over here.
- There’s free entry for under 12’s, and kids picnic baskets are R60 each.
- Only food and beverages purchased at the venue will be allowed, and a cash bar will be available.
- Doors open at 17h30 and concert starts at 19h00.
- Guests are encouraged to bring along picnic blankets or camping chairs.
- For more information, contact 021 976 0640 or email@example.com.
- Then Cassia Restaurant, also based at Nitida Wines invites you to join them for a sexy three course dinner @ R320 pp:
- Things will kick off with an amuse bouche of pumpkin, ricotta & prosciutto ravioli toasted in sage butter. The starter is an ostrich carpaccio with quail eggs, confit tomatoes, rocket, parmesan crisp & foccaccia croutons. Then cleanse your pallet with a Grappa, pistachio and honey sorbet before digging into a main of either grilled tuna served with asiago risotto & marsala zabaglione OR stuffed beef filled with spinach, feta & pine nuts served with polenta and porcini sauce, and finishing it all off with some yummy tiramisu.
- For reservations contact them on: 021 976 0640 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closer to town at that elegant lady that is the Cape Royale Luxury Hotel & Spa is offering the following:
- Equinox Spa is offering a Couple’s Deluxe Pamper Package for the full month of Feb:
- The package includes: a relaxing full body Swedish massage complimented with a hot stone back massage, invigorating scalp massage, aromatic hand & foot compress, TheraVine™ appetiser facial, rounded off with a refreshing fresh fruit platter and glass bubbly at the hotel’s renowned rooftop Skybar.
- This special pamper package is available at R1750 per couple and you will also automatically be entered into a draw to win a complimentary night’s stay for two at the Cape Royale Luxury Hotel with breakfast included. (Nice!)
- To make your reservation contact them on 021 430 0511, or email@example.com.
- Bistro 1800 Restaurant is hosting a 3 course dinner with complimentary bubbly and live entertainment on Friday, and a Valentine’s Day brunch which will take place on the Saturday:
– Dinner is available at R500.00 per couple and R300.00 per single (or anti-Valentine guests) and the Valentines brunch is available at R195.00 per person and starts at 11:30am.
- The dinner menu looks like this: Starter (to share) of 6 oysters with toppings (Pickled radish dressing Apple, vodka & Ginseng Fresh fig & caviar) OR a prosciutto salad with fresh fig, melon & raspberry dressing. Main: 200 gram fillet of grain fed beef with smoked vanilla mash, crisp asparagus, chili chocolate jus & truffle scented oil OR honey marinated, rooibos smoked wild salmon with fondant potato, crisp asparagus & soy reduction. Dessert (to share): Aphrodisiac Assiette which consists of 1800 chocolate fondant, homemade banana ice cream Coffee infused pannacotta, berry compote & Cranberry biscotti White chocolate & kiwi semifreddo with lychee sorbet.
- The brunch buffet spread will include the following: Complimentary glass of champagne on arrival, vet koek & wrap station with curried mince & peas (tomato & onion, chutney, chillies, coconut), chicken & egg breyani, spicy lamb & sober noodles, baguette & rolls station with assorted cold meats & accompaniments, German potato salad, beetroot & orange Salad, tomato & onion Salad, assorted, smoked fish, assorted cheeses & crackers, fresh fruit salad and assorted cup cakes
- To make your reservation contact Bistro 1800 Reservations on 021 430 0506, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Of course, If I hear of any more Valentine’s specials, or think of my own romantic ideas, I’ll do another love themed post… cause I’m awesome like that.
NOW LISTEN UP, cause I might just be making your Valentine’s Day extra special this year. I have a set of double tickets to that Nitida picnic to give away which is valued at R600.
To be in the running, you gotta send me the following tweet:
Or if you’re not on twitter, just paste this tweet in the comments section below. (just make sure you enter your correct email address so I can contact you)
Just take note of the following:
- You have to be Cape Town based or be willing to travel to Cape Town on Valentine’s day.
- Only one entry per person.
- Entries close at midnight on Sun, 2 February 2014.
- The winner will be determined by lucky draw & will be announced here on my blog and on Twitter on Mon, 3 February 2014.
All images provided by Red Carpet Concepts.