Nooo… don’t worry… I’m not gonna get all serious on you guys and tell you about stocks and bonds and stuff related to this winelands town. I’m just gonna give you the Fri – Sun market rundown for the Stellenbosch area. Let’s go…
Friday – Woodmill Market
For Friday evening after work drinks, this is a good option. It’s relatively small, but you can grab a craft beer or glass of wine, something to eat and listen to some live music. Sound good? Then do check it out if you’re in the area.
Apologies for the crappy photo quality below – I was in between cameras at that stage after a certain run in with a horse…
Things you need to know:
- When? Every Friday from 17:30 to 22:00
- Where? Vredenburg Road, Stellenbosch (directions on their website link above)
This is certainly still a favourite of mine. Love, love, love this market. And we were lucky enough that on the day The Treasury Market folks were there too. This is such a great place to have some amazing food, get your retail shopping on and chill on the lawn under the trees with a glass of sparkly…
Some things that I thought deserved a special mention:
- These awesome light shades made from recycled bottles at only R350 each. They resemble all these arty lights which are so in at the moment if you look through decor magazines, etc. But instead of breaking the bank of a designer one, I think this recycled baby looks just as good.
- Loved these photo blocks by Ingrid Hall Art - could picture a whole bunch of them on a wall at home:
- Many people have asked me where I got my dress which I wore to the Glamour Oscars party. Well it was one of those dresses that you can wrap in different ways and I got it from a little shop in Canal Walk which has since closed down. Luckily I spotted this Gelique stand at the market and this lady will custom make your dress for you for around R600 and you can pick from quite an impressive selection of fabrics:
- And look at my amazing new bamboo cheese & bread board (or cutting board if you wish):
Oh and while you’re at the market, do also pop into the Oude Libertas Art Gallery, they have some pretty cool things in there:
Right, things you need to know:
- When? Every Saturday from 09:00 to 14:00 (The Treasury Market joins them usually on the first Saturday of every month)
- Where? Oude Libertas (directions on their website link above)
Sunday (or Saturdays too) – Root 44 Market
This one’s a new kid on the block & now also a new favourite of mine. Lots and lots of things to see, eat & drink as well as a huge play area for the kids and live music for the parents. Pull up a table and some chairs and chill under the trees… #bliss.
I was super impressed by this lady’s pancake making skills:
Ooh and look at the doggie I brought home… his name is Frank the 3rd:
Things you need to know about this market:
- When? Saturday & Sunday from 09:00 to 15:30
- Where? Corner of the R44 and Annandale Road on the Audacia Wine Estate (directions on their website link above)
So there you go guys. Hopefully I’ve given you some new market exploration ideas to fit into your weekend plans. Markets rock… #justsaying.